Say NO to more flights over London poisoning us
SAY NO TO 700+ ADDITIONAL FLIGHTS OVER LONDON A DAY
SAY NO TO 281,000 EXTRA FLIGHTS EVERY YEAR
SAY NO TO FLIGHTS BETWEEN 11:00PM AND 6:00AM
SAY NO TO NEW FLIGHT PATHS OVER LONDON INCLUDING OUR AREA
The crazy volume of additional flights and the new and lower flight paths will mean hell for everyone- causing increased SECURITY RISKS & DAMAGING OUR HEALTH!!!!
Download the poster and petition in the download section. Get friends to sign the petition. Display the poster in your window to spread the word. Together we can stop these plans!
Londoners against Heathrow Expansion
NO TO NOISE POLLUTION. NO TO TOXIC AIR.
NO TO HEATHROW’S INCREASED FLIGHTS OVER LONDON
Why we oppose the Heathrow’s Independent Parallel Approaches - Labour and Conservatives are united against these plans
- HEATHROW IS PROPOSING A 700+ INCREASE IN FLIGHTS A DAY OVER LONDON, AND ITS SUGGESTED NEW FLIGHT PATHS WILL COVER AREAS WHICH HAVE PREVIOUSLY NOT HAD FLIGHTS DIRECTLY OVERHEAD, INCLUDING BAYSWATER. IT IS TAKING ITS CASE TO THE SUPREME COURT AFTER THE RECENT HIGH COURT RULED THAT ITS PROPOSAL WAS INCOMPATIBLE WITH THE UK CLIMATE CHANGE COMMITMENT. SO IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT WE CONTINUE OUR CAMPAIGN.
- WE ARE CONCERNED ABOUT THE IMPACT THE PLANS WILL HAVE ON THE PHYSICAL AND MENTAL HEALTH AND WELL-BEING OF CURRENT AND FUTURE GENERATIONS LIVING, WORKING AND VISITING LONDON.
- There is now a much greater understanding of the adverse impact of aviation pollution on people’s mental and physical health. Recent research has provided frightening proof that aviation noise and air pollution cause depression, anxiety, heart disease, increased blood pressure, asthma, respiratory complications and cognitive impairment.
- In 2017 the then UK Chief Medical Officer Sally Davies’s annual report on the state on the public’s health focused on the impact of Air Pollution on human health. Her key conclusion was that ALL air pollution must be treated as a preventative disease.
- The indicated noise levels as a result of the proposed the Heathrow flight paths will create noise pollution that far exceeds WHO’s guidance of 40-45dB, and this is over densely populated areas.
- Aviation also causes toxic air pollution (NOx, CO, SOx, PM10 and PM2.5 ) which causes irreversible damage to peoples’ health . (According to the WHO Urban air pollution is among the top 10 risk factors for mortality in the UK).
- Scientists see aviation pollution as a ticking time bomb. A recent research project published by Kings College found that airport emissions PM2.5 ultrafine particles from Heathrow Airport are being blown more than 11 miles into Westminster. The smaller the particle , the deeper it penetrates the lungs and ultrafine particles have also been linked to brain cancer. Please follow this link to read the article.
- Air quality is already very poor in London. A number of initiatives, including ULEZ, aim to improve this. The UK government and the London Mayor have also made firm commitments to address climate change and air quality.
- Increasing flights over the city would completely sabotage these endeavours, put lives at risk and significantly reduce the quality of life of people living, working, studying or visiting Westminster.
- We believe the Heathrow expansion makes no sense due to it proximity to densely populated central London, the massive cost to tax payers and decades of disruption to the M25 and rail infrastructure.
- There is a much better way… THIS INCLUDES INTRODUCING THE NEW UK REGIONAL HUB MODEL IN PLACE OF THE OUTDATED CENTRAL HUB MODEL, REDUCE DEMAND BY INCREASING USE OF TECHNOLOGY AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO BUSINESS TRAVEL, INVEST IN AND INCENTIVISE MORE SUSTAINABLE RAIL TRAVEL. • COMMIT TO POLICIES AND TAX PAYER FUNDED INVESTMENTS THAT CHAMPION THE HEALTH, WELL-BEING, SAFETY AND PROSPERITY OF LONDONERS AND THE REST OF THE UK
Respond to the Heathrow Consultation which will be running April – June 2020
( we will provide further information when it is available)
Encourage friends to sign the petition.
Write to the Leader of WCC Councillor Rachael Robathan
Write to the Westminster Air Quality Team firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Karen Buck MP
Join our Monthly 'CLEAN AIR' Walk on Sunday 26 April 2020 at 11.30am, meeting point - inside the Gate leading from Bayswater Road on to the Broad Walk, Kensington Gardens. (Rescheduled from Sunday 29 March due to Corona Virus).
We need 100,000 signatures to secure a parliamentary debate and we are desperately short of that figure. Each of you have your own set of personal and professional networks and we need your help to spread our message and ensure “it’s not a done deal”. Every household member can sign the petitions, please encourage them to do so.